Well, summer is finally here and we’re all taking advantage of the lighter nights and spending more time outdoors! The change in weather however, can have an effect on your complexion and so your skincare routine needs to reflect this to keep you looking your best all year round.
We’ve put together our top tips for your Best Summer Skin Ever!
1. Pout Perfection! The sun’s rays are drying on the delicate lip tissue so to keep your lips luscious start with a richly textured lip balm. We love Shangri La Organics Angel Kiss Lip Balm, not only does it smell amazing, it delivers the perfect dose of moisture and the jar is so cute you’ll just love using this gorgeous product.
2. Slough Away Dry Skin! One of the most effective ways to exfoliate during the summer is to use a scrub on dry skin before you shower. Pay special attention to knees and elbows and finish with a rich body lotion within three minutes of toweling off. Our favourites are Buddha Beauty Body Scrubs for a great fragrance and amazing results, followed by the heavenly Buddha Beauty Body Lotions, we’re totally in love with all the different fragrances! (these are also on sale at the moment too!)
3. Don’t Forget Your Hands! Our hands are continually exposed and so protecting them should be a priority. Pop Shangri La Organics Healing Hands Balm into your bag and never be without beautiful looking hands again.
4. Perfect Your Complexion! You can invest in even the most expensive make-up however, if you don’t have an ideal base then your make-up won’t be able to work to it’s best ability. In summer, your skin generally requires a lighter moisturiser but it’s still important to keep your day and night moisturisers different to address your skin’s needs. Try Buddha Beauty’s Facial Day and Night Creams for skin you’ll love waking up to.
5. Drink! Drink! Drink! It may be summer and the cocktails are well worth indulging in from time to time but for great skin it’s all about good old-fashioned water. Aim to drink 2 litres a day but if you can’t manage that at least try and increase your intake by a few glasses a day. Trust us, you’ll soon see the benefits! You can thank us later